Sometimes a situation will arise where you'll need to remove a user account. Kayako does have a delete user feature, but it's important to understand the consequences of using it.
When you delete a user, it not only permanently removes them from your Kayako, but deleting a user also irretrievably deletes any conversation for which they were the requester. We cannot recover user accounts or their affiliated conversations once they have been deleted.
That said, in this article, we'll walk you through the process of removing a user account from your Kayako.
Permanently deleting a user account
Remember, when you delete a user, all their profile information and conversation history will be lost forever. If you aren't sure you're ready to delete a user forever, you can disable them instead.
NOTE: To delete a user in Kayako, you will need an administrator account with the 'Delete users and organizations' permission.
To delete a user account:
- Sign in to the agent area.
- Search for the user you want to delete.
- From the user menu, click Delete User.
- Read the warnings very carefully to make sure you're ready to destroy this user's data and their conversations.
- When you're sure, click the Delete User button to remove them from your Kayako.