Hello again! We update Kayako almost every day. Every few weeks, we'll summarize what's new, what's changed and what we fixed in the Release Notes section.
This week, it's a bumper roundup with tons of handy new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
When talking to your customer via live chat, you'll likely type and conduct your conversation in a different way than if you were replying to them via email.
Kayako will now show an orange border around the reply box if it thinks your customer is likely to see the message through Kayako Messenger. If your reply is probably going to be sent by email, you'll see the normal blue outline.
Don't forget: if you're sending live chat messages to customers and they are not seen after 15 minutes, they'll be rolled up and sent as a normal email.
Rich text notes
Sometimes you need to make text stand out. With new rich text notes in Kayako, you can highlight information that your team should see, add emphasis, add images, use macros for templated notes, and more.
Often, you'll want to refer to important customer information when replying to a conversation. With new pinned notes, you now have instant access to crucial information at hand, wherever you are.
Select an organization, user, or conversation note and see it appear in the sidebar.
Pinned notes show according to the organization>user>conversation hierarchy. For example, pin a user note to see it on the user and all their conversations - but pin a conversation note to see it only on that conversation.
Log in with Google for agents
Use G Suite for your business? Your team can now sign into Kayako using their business Google account.
Head over to Security / Authentication in your team's admin settings to enable.
Log in with Google for customers
As well as Facebook and Twitter, your customers can now sign into your Help Center with their Google account: one less password for them to remember.
Fixes and improvements
- You can now change your agent password from the agent profile dropdown
- Improved the way message lifecycle statuses are displayed with more information
- When viewing an organizations, you can now easily manage members in the sidebar
- Fixed bugs for SLAs that counted notes as first replies, and didn't pause timers when changing status from Pending to Completed
- Improved channel/note selector colors
- Improved the experience for deleting business hours
- Fixed a bug where notes would not show on organizations if there were no members
- Fixed a bug that caused timelines to occasionally appear blank
- Fixed a bug for generating Kayako Messenger embed codes for secondary brands